Providing support when and where you need it
It’s ingrained in our culture to listen to and collaborate with our customers, as we believe that together, we all win! With a variety of support options and plans to meet your specific needs, we’re here to enable your success.
Free and 10-user Starter Licenses
Standard Server/DC Support
Standard Cloud Support
|Self-help resources support (including Sath Community)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Online ticket creation*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Weekday coverage 24×5||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|24 x 7 Phone support||Yes|
|Mission critical response L1 – 30 min, L2 – 2 Hours***||Yes|
|Staffed only with dedicated senior engineers||Yes|
|Development escalation priority||Yes|
|Health checks & preventative system analysis||Yes||Yes|
|On-boarding and environment familiarity||Yes||Yes|
|Global warm handoffs for critical issues||Yes||Yes|
|Post-incident report requests||Yes|
|^ Standard maintenance must be current for all products in order to add Premier Support to your offering.|
Premier Support Key Benefits & Details
- Account-wide coverage – Premier support is an account wide service that covers all of your installed Sath products and Sath plug-ins.
- Direct access and phone support from a dedicated senior support team – All Premier Support tickets are handled and responded to by advanced senior support engineers with advanced technical and soft skills to better aid customers with complex environments and mission critical needs. Phone support and daily/weekly conference calls are highly leveraged during critical issue resolution.
- Development team priority – Higher priority queue placement is given to Premier Support customers when issues have to be escalated through to our development organization for assistance or fixes.
- 24 x 7 phone support – Local regional phone numbers are given out to all Premier Support customers and phones are covered 24×7 to guarantee that you can connect with an engineer directly to assist you and to more quickly understand your issue without requiring you to wait for multiple ticket bounces.
- Screen-sharing, collaboration phone calls, and health checks – Our team is highly accustomed to screen-sharing session with customers to reduce miscommunications and delays, which lowers resolution times.
- Weekend coverage – Premier Support customers receive weekend support for their products, standard server and data center support customers do not receive weekend coverage. Please click the link below for additional details as some products are excluded from coverage and/or restricted by severity.
- Account on-boarding – Our team records your hardware, software, network, and configuration details during a series of on-boarding calls and discussions to ensure we have your detailed environment information available before your first ticket is filed, further reducing overall resolution times, questions, and delays for each follow-on issue.
- Health Checks – During on-boarding our team performs health checks and performs best practice analysis across each of the Sath systems. Customers can also request that additional health checks be performed during upgrades on both staging and production environments, which assists with more trouble free upgrade experiences.
- Incident Support – Identifying and troubleshooting problems in the system
- Root cause analysis
- Assistance with issues during installation
- Assistance with issues during upgrades
- Identifying and creating needed bug reports
- Guidance around implementation and configuration
- Integration support with other Sath products
Support Does Not Include
- Customers without a valid maintenance agreement
- End of Life, Beta, Release Candidate or Development releases
- Customized versions of Sath products (customized = original product code has been modified)
- Development questions or requests.
- For community-based development support, please post these questions on Sath Community.
- Note: If a bug in Sath development API is believed to be the root cause, sample code that demonstrates the problem and can be replicated must be provided.
- Third-party application integrations or third-party plugins
- Support for end-users (please see Knowledge Prerequisites)
- Product training
- Support in languages other than English, Japanese, and Portuguese
- Professional Services
- System & Performance tuning
- Deployment & Capacity Planning
- Installation & Upgrade Services
Need this kind of assistance? Search or Ask in Sath Community!
Support Response SLA’s
While Sath attempts to respond to all issues in a timely manner, issues that hurt our customers’ production applications (i.e. Level 1, Level 2) take priority. “Production” is defined as an instance of Sath software actively used by the customer’s business users it does not include testing systems or production staging systems or environments.
The below SLAs apply to most of the Sath product suite however for specific exceptions and weekend coverage details please visit Sath Support Offerings.
Level of Severity
Description of Severity
|Level 1 – Critical||Critical Business Impact: Critical issue occurring on production system preventing business operations. A large number of users are prevented from working with no procedural workaround.||
||1 hr||1 hr||30 min|
|Level 2 – Major||Significant Business Impact: Major issue occurring on production system severely impacting business. A large number of users are impacted by issue but they are still able to work in a limited capacity.||
||4 hrs||4 hrs||2 hrs|
|Level 3 – Medium||Normal Business Impact: Issue causing a partial or non-critical loss of functionality on production system. A small number of users are affected.||
||8 hrs||8 hrs||8 hrs|
|Level 4 – Low||Minimal Business Impact: Issue occurring on non-production system or question, comment, feature request, documentation issue or other non-impacting issue.||
||24 hrs||24 hrs||24 hrs|
* Premier Support can be added to both Server (Behind the Firewall) and Cloud products. For additional details on coverage and features of Premier Support please go to Premier Support Offering Details.
You can have confidence that our supported platforms are well tested and we will work to correct issues. Sath will not provide assistance with configuration in unsupported environments. See the product pages below for detailed information on what platforms are supported with Sath products:
Supported Platforms are version specific. When checking the documentation, make sure you’re viewing the correct version for your platform.
Supported Platforms (Current Version)
|Identity Hub||ID Hub Supported Platforms|
|Security Hub||JIRA Supported platforms|
Addressing Security Issues
Please read our Security Policies page for information about Sath’s approach to handling security issues.
- Sath Support will help with workarounds and bug reporting
- Critical bugs will generally be fixed in the next maintenance release
- Non critical bugs will be scheduled according to a variety of considerations
* Critical priority is defined as: “production application down or major malfunction causing business revenue loss or high numbers of staff unable to perform their normal functions.” This includes security issues.
For more detailed information, please visit these policy pages:
End of Life Policy
Sath supports major versions for two years after the first major iteration of that version was released (for example, we support SecHub 1.3.x for 2 years after SecHub 6.3.0 was released).
For versions that are supported, customers can raise issues via https://service.sath.com. If a bug is discovered, it will be prioritized based on our Bug Fixing Policy and may require you to upgrade to the version which includes the fix. For critical security bugs, please see our Security Bugfix Policy on which versions we will back port critical security fixes to.
- Versions earlier than those listed above are also classified as being in End of Life status.
- Sath does not provide support for instances on versions that are End of Life. The only exception is for assistance related to upgrading from your EOL version to a supported version.
- You can download the latest versions of our software here.
- You can access documentation for all versions of our products here (including versions that have passed their EOL date and may not show up in your search engine).
Eligibility and Software Maintenance
Software maintenance covers access to support and software product updates for the corresponding software license. Refer to the End User License Agreement for specific terms of agreement. After the active maintenance period expires, the software will continue to function, but you will no longer be able to access support or software updates (including security bug fixes). Note that starter licenses include community support only.
Support is open to system administrators and account holders. End-users will be redirected to a system administrator.
Administering Sath products requires a baseline technical skill set, including but not limited to:
- Comfort running SQL commands and installing a database. It’s best if you have a good DBA for database troubleshooting and administration.
- Comfort installing and maintaining production web technologies
Customers are responsible for administering and upgrading their own installations. Sath Support will provide guidance on how to do this, but we will not be able to provide step by step maintenance and installation. If you require further assistance with this level of implementation, please consider the following resources:
Help with Unsupported Issues
The Sath Community is a great channel for discussions outside the bounds of the Sath Support offering. Below are some of the areas covered in the Sath Community.
If you need additional help, contact one of our Sath Partners (our 3rd party value added resellers) who offer a wide range of professional services, training, customizations and paid support.
Third-Party Product Integration
Sath products interface with a variety of technologies. Front-end solutions like Web Servers (eg Apache HTTP Server), load balancers, single sign-on solutions (SSO), SSL certificates and LDAP repositories add functionality that is often critical to functioning of our products.
Sath will endeavour to provide documentation for integration with these 3rd party applications but does not provide support for 3rd party applications. We are unable to provide support when a failure in a 3rd party application occurs.
Sath offers support for certain add ons as listed in our supported add ons list. For unsupported add ons, issues should be raised with the provider of the add on. If you’re doing development work, visit the Sath Developer Network.
Beta and Development Releases
Sath does not offer support for milestone or beta releases, but we do support release candidates. These will be tracked with the terminology ‘RC’ in the version title.
Databases and Application Servers
Servlet Containers and Databases are integral technologies; without them Sath products cannot function. We provide integration instructions for getting our products to work on supported platforms, but we do not support configurations that differ from the procedures described in our product documentation.
Customization and Development Requests
If you’re working to extend or customize our products and encounter a problem, Sath support are happy to help document the problem and relay information to our development teams as follows:
- We can help you verify whether our code is working as intended and document any bugs.
- If we provide examples of how to make customizations in our documentation, we will work to make sure that documentation is up-to-date.
- For in-depth questions about implementing customizations, we will refer customers to our developer network or partner network.
Sath does not support customers performing direct data manipulation of application databases via queries such as INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE, as they can easily lead to data integrity problems. If Sath encounters manipulation or customizations at this level, we may ask customers to restore data from their last known working state, or to engage an Expert to help recover their instance to a supportable state. If you are confident your UPDATE or INSERT is safe and your change management system is reliable, refer to the specific product’s database documentation.
In the event that there are data integrity problems due to defects in a product, Sath will provide workarounds or solutions to these problems that may involve SQL queries. We use SQL-based solutions as a last resort.
Using SQL for business intelligence is beyond the scope of Sath Support. Some of our products have a community page for database queries. Please help us as well as the community by contributing your knowledge!
Deployment Planning Activity
Planning for rolling out our products or capacity planning for large instances is better suited for service offerings than Sath Support. We will refer this kind of activity to our partner network. This includes establishing specific upgrade and deployment plans for existing installations.
New Feature Requests
See Implementation of New Features Policy for a detailed discussion.